Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Micah <mm...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/16 16:38:14 UTC

Re: latest trunk code is broken (NOT!)

Wai <bzb.ofbiz <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello Hans, All,
>
> Sorry for the false alarm.
>
> I "have" read the ofbiz README file. I "do" run a "./ant run-install" during
> the first trunk checkout.  Subsequently all svn updates to my working copy,
> I use the "./ant refresh" to recompile.
>
> It has not caused me any problems until this incident.
>
> When I run "./ant refresh" on ofbiz using derby database, I do see that the
> derby database files are deleted.  So running "./startofbiz.sh" after that
> would cause ofbiz to recreate the database tables.
>
> Perhaps this was one of those rare glitches that take place somewhere during
> the workflow starting from the "svn update" command.
>
> But all works fine now.
>
> Thanks all for helping.
> Wai
>
> PS: Hans, my first name is Wai.  No need to address me as Mister....I'm just
> a simple working stiff

Hello,
  I too ran into this error when installing the demo on Ubuntu 12.04 using the
"Quick & Easy Setup" instructions found on this page:
https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBADMIN/demo-and-test-setup-guide.html

The demo data was not installed using these instructions.

Subsequently, after following the readme instructions, everything was fine.

Micah

Re: latest trunk code is broken (NOT!)

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Micah" <mm...@yahoo.com>
> Wai <bzb.ofbiz <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Hello Hans, All,
>>
>> Sorry for the false alarm.
>>
>> I "have" read the ofbiz README file. I "do" run a "./ant run-install" during
>> the first trunk checkout.  Subsequently all svn updates to my working copy,
>> I use the "./ant refresh" to recompile.
>>
>> It has not caused me any problems until this incident.
>>
>> When I run "./ant refresh" on ofbiz using derby database, I do see that the
>> derby database files are deleted.  So running "./startofbiz.sh" after that
>> would cause ofbiz to recreate the database tables.
>>
>> Perhaps this was one of those rare glitches that take place somewhere during
>> the workflow starting from the "svn update" command.
>>
>> But all works fine now.
>>
>> Thanks all for helping.
>> Wai
>>
>> PS: Hans, my first name is Wai.  No need to address me as Mister....I'm just
>> a simple working stiff
>>
>> --
>>

> Hello,
>  I too ran into this error when installing the demo on Ubuntu 12.04 using the
> "Quick & Easy Setup" instructions found on this page:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/OFBADMIN/demo-and-test-setup-guide.html
>
> The demo data was not installed using these instructions.
>
> Subsequently, after following the readme instructions, everything was fine.
>
> Micah

Thanks for report,

We will have a look at it...
Could you give more details on your experience?

Jacques