Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ScottA <Sc...@UnionDiamond.com> on 2010/03/25 19:44:09 UTC

Multiple Payment Types

Hello,

I was checking out the latest ecommerce in the trunk and I have a question
regarding multiple payment types. While it is not implemented in the trunk,
is there any support OOTB where someone can place an order then pay for it
using lets say a visa, a mastercard and another form of payment? I see that
you can use a credit card and a gift card but the scenario I am asking about
could be an invoice of $300 with a $100 payment by Visa, a $100 payment by
Amex and a $100 payment by Discover where the customer is choosing the
amount to pay by each method.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Re: Multiple Payment Types

Posted by ScottA <Sc...@UnionDiamond.com>.
Thanks very much Ruth. I was hoping that would be the case. Much appreciated.

Re: Multiple Payment Types

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Scott:
I think there may be some restrictions in splitting payments between
more than one online service processing provider(s). I seem to remember
reading something in the code about that. Since you are talking about
just auth.net as your service processing provider, you should be able to
do this. I've never done it so I don't know if it really works
out-of-the-box, but the demo store does support this scenario.

If you want more info on this, please see my book  "Getting Started with
Apache OFBiz, E-Commerce Out-Of-The-Box", revised Chapter 4.4.

Regards,
Ruth

Re: Multiple Payment Types

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
ruth:
almost correct. OTTB only one type of payment per order, but many type
of payments to select from.

=========================
BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

Ruth Hoffman sent the following on 3/25/2010 1:30 PM:

Re: Multiple Payment Types

Posted by ScottA <Sc...@UnionDiamond.com>.

Re: Multiple Payment Types

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
as far as the gateway, yes you can put through multiple payments for an
order that your provider handles.
the gate way has no way of knowing it is one order.
Not an OTTB feature though.
It is possible, though.

BJ Freeman
http://bjfreeman.elance.com
Strategic Power Office with Supplier Automation <http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation/viewforum.php?f=93>
Specialtymarket.com <http://www.specialtymarket.com/>

Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man
Linkedin

ScottA sent the following on 3/25/2010 12:57 PM: