Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by "Kaganovich, Edward" <ek...@rsasecurity.com> on 2004/03/13 10:18:39 UTC

contribution/donation of websphere 5.x and weblogic 8.x plugins

Hello All, let me first appologize if I'm using wrong mailing list.  I have
developed the following plugins that I'm interested to donate to
maven.apache for further development and maintanence:

1) plugin for weblogic 8.x
2) plugin for websphere 5.x
3) plugin that executes goals provided by the previous 2 plugins.
Determination of which one to use is derived from the property set by user.
This property can indicate to use both plugins and the order of the usage.

The first two plugins provide symmetric functionality to setup/destroy
servers/clusters; startup/shutdown of servers/clusters; ejb/ear (war, rar
type artifacts can be added easily) deployment/undeployment to
servers/clusters or subset of servers in a cluster; j2ee resource
setup/destroy from servers/clusters.  So before you dive into the details of
these plugins I'm looking for answers to the following questions:

1.  What is the process of donating plugins to maven.apache?
2.  How long does it take to go through this process?
3.  Are there any requirements/obligations for further support of these
plugins on my part?

I need these answers to provide to corporate execs before they can make any
decisions on the donation of these plugins. (There may be follow up
questions)

The attached file contains the listing of goals and properties used to
control the above plugins.

Thanks for your feedback and response.
-edward

Re: contribution/donation of websphere 5.x and weblogic 8.x plugins

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
FYI, there is a websphere 5.x plugin under development on sourceforge.

See http://maven-plugins.sourceforge.net/maven-was5-plugin/
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting

"Kaganovich, Edward" <ek...@rsasecurity.com> wrote on 13/03/2004