Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Austin Bennett <wh...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/24 00:24:17 UTC

Meetups

Seems we won't be convening in-person in about any city anytime soon.

Seems like a chance to come together virtually.

WHO CAN SHARE?

Seeking:
* Use Cases
* Developing Beam/Components
* Other

If anything particular, also, what would you like to hear -- can see if we
can track such speakers down.

Re: Meetups

Posted by Karolina Rosół <ka...@polidea.com>.
Hi,

Bumping up :-) We've used Zoom recently at Polidea for Apache Airflow
meetup and it worked pretty well but I'm also interested in free tools.
Livestorm looks pretty good (I'll dig deeper into it) but I'd recommend
trying out another tool that is in fact Apache and open source ;-)
It is very similar to Zoom where you can mute the speakers, raise hands,
record, live stream, share your screen etc.

Jitsi Meet is an OpenSource (Apache) WebRTC JavaScript application that
> uses Jitsi Videobridge to provide high quality, scalable video conferences.
>
> You can try it out yourself at https://meet.jit.si.

Have any of you used Jitsi? I found out about it at meetup.com blog a while
ago.

BTW, we're still looking for speakers for *23rd April for Warsaw Apache
Beam meetup*. However, if this is too soon for you, we are happy to
postpone for next two weeks or more.

Karolina Rosół
Polidea <https://www.polidea.com/> | Project Manager

M: +48 606 630 236 <+48606630236>