Posted to users@directory.apache.org by "Sathyanarayan, Harish" <Ha...@virtustream.com> on 2017/07/13 15:57:22 UTC

cascading deletes question

Hi All:

Am looking to perform cascading deletes(delete the entire tree). Is there a specific control/OID that needs to be used for this. I did not see a deleteTree() method in the newer client API jar that am using for LdapConnection object. Wanted to know
How you are implementing it currently or should this be something that users need to implement on our own?. Btw,  deleting the tree (not just the leaf) works fine within apacheds studio.

Thanks
Harish

Re: cascading deletes question

Posted by Jim Willeke <ji...@willeke.com>.
There was a Internet Draft, but I do not know if Apache supports it.
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-armijo-ldap-treedelete-02

Microsoft Active Directory, eDirectory (only at a Partition) and OpenDJ do
at some levels.

--
-jim
Jim Willeke

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 13/07/2017 à 17:57, Sathyanarayan, Harish a écrit :
> Hi All:
>
> Am looking to perform cascading deletes(delete the entire tree). Is there a specific control/OID that needs to be used for this.

1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.0.1

>  I did not see a deleteTree() method in the newer client API jar that am using for LdapConnection object.

We haven't exposed it. It's probably something missing. You can use the
Cacade control though (CascadeImpl)

> Wanted to know
> How you are implementing it currently or should this be something that users need to implement on our own?. Btw,  deleting the tree (not just the leaf) works fine within apacheds studio.

Studio implements it in a different way, which is more costly).

Side note : The ApacheDS server does not support the cascade control.

--

Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org