Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by membersound <me...@web.de> on 2012/04/25 20:08:47 UTC

Extract navigation to own menu component - links stop working

Hi,

I'm just trying to clean up my layout.tml, and trying to separate several
contents in custom components.
In this case I want to put the whole menu in a menu.tml, and it shows up
already, BUT the navigation is not executed.
The app simply does nothing when clicking a  link, whereas when the pageLink
is directly included in the layout.tml it works as expected.

What am I messing??

this WORKS:

--------
this works NOT, WHY?

Re: Extract navigation to own menu component - links stop working

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Seems like it should work to me. Try viewing the HTML source for both and
compare the diffs

Re: Extract navigation to own menu component - links stop working

Posted by membersound <me...@web.de>.
Oh yes you're right, my fault.
Nevertheless the problem persists...

Re: Extract navigation to own menu component - links stop working

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:08:47 -0300, membersound <me...@web.de> wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> I'm just trying to clean up my layout.tml, and trying to separate several
> contents in custom components.
> In this case I want to put the whole menu in a menu.tml, and it shows up
> already, BUT the navigation is not executed.
> The app simply does nothing when clicking a  link, whereas when the
> pageLink
> is directly included in the layout.tml it works as expected.
>
> What am I messing??

Are you sure the t namespace is correct? Shouldn't it be
http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_3.xsd?

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor