Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Kjetil Halvorsen <kj...@cognite.com> on 2020/01/30 19:13:49 UTC

Extending the Beam IO connectors, how to best share the code

Dear Beam dev team,

Our company (www.cognite.com) offers software that is heavily based on data
I/O. As such, we find Beam a very useful framework for building data
pipelines that read/write to our software. We have built a set of Beam
connectors that we (internally per now) use as an extension to the Beam SDK
for building our pipelines.

We would like to make our extensions/connectors available (for free, of
course) to the public. I am looking for your advice on how to best share
our work and stay compliant with whatever requirements the Beam ecosystem
has. Is it as easy as just sharing our code on Github and publish our
artifacts to Maven?

I apologize for my lack of knowledge on your licensing requirements and
policies in general. We just want to make it easier to use Beam to connect
to our software by making our connectors available--no strings attached.

Best regards,
Kjetil Halvorsen, Cognite

--

*Kjetil Halvorsen*
Chief Architect, Enterprise Integration
www.cognite.com | LIBERATE YOUR DATA™

Re: Extending the Beam IO connectors, how to best share the code

Posted by Luke Cwik <lc...@google.com>.
Are you looking to contribute your IO connectors to be part of Apache Beam
and have the Apache Beam community build/maintain/extend/release them or
are you looking to have your own repository and release process?