Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Eamonn Dwyer <ea...@hotmail.com> on 2009/11/04 16:43:38 UTC

move up to springframework 2.5.6?

Hi
is there a reason we are using version 2.5.5 of spring framework? I think servicemix and camel have already moved on up to 2.5.6, so would it be a good idea to upgrade to both stay in synch with them and also to avail of any bug fixes.

Regards
Eamonn

http://windows.microsoft.com/shop

Re: move up to springframework 2.5.6?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Actually, it looks like the stack trace thing is fixed with ActiveMQ 5.3.
Basically, at shutdown time, ActiveMQ was SOMETIMES throwing some sort of
exception that spring was catching and calling printStackTrace on.    With
updating to 5.3, it looks like things are shutting down cleanly and not stack
trace.   Thus, I've updated the poms for 2.3 and 2.2.6 to grab Spring 2.5.6.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: move up to springframework 2.5.6?

Posted by Alexandros Karypidis <ak...@yahoo.gr>.

Posted by Eamonn Dwyer <ea...@hotmail.com>.
Ok so, thanks for explaining it.
The other reason I suggested it was because my project is using artifacts from cxf, servicemix and camel. I ended up with a mix of 2.5.5 and 2.5.6, and I end up with method signature clashes :(. I can live with more stringent depenedencies in my poms until everyone harmonises on 2.5.7.

Regards
Eamonn

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paweł Lipka <pl...@amg.net.pl>.
Just for you to know - we're happily using CXF 2.2.3 with Spring 2.5.6
without any issues whatsoever. We only had to bump up xbean version to 3.6.

thanks,
Eamonn Dwyer wrote:
> Hi
> is there a reason we are using version 2.5.5 of spring framework? I think servicemix and camel have already moved on up to 2.5.6, so would it be a good idea to upgrade to both stay in synch with them and also to avail of any bug fixes.
>
> Regards
> Eamonn

> New Windows 7: Find the right PC for you. Learn more.
> http://windows.microsoft.com/shop

--
Paweł Lipka
Senior IT Architect

Treść niniejszej wiadomości może być poufna.
Jeżeli nie jesteście Państwo jej adresatem, to rozprowadzanie
lub wykorzystywanie zawartych tu informacji jest zabronione.

This e-mail contains material that is confidential for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, reliance or distribution
by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender and delete all copies.