Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/02 16:57:07 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] - Moving towards Camel 2.11 release

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been advised to wait for the cxf-2.7.4 release, currently under vote.
> It has some rather important issues that we probably want to take. CXF
> committers on this list, please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> As there are already a number of positive votes, I expect the cxf release to
> become public on Mon, so I could build 2.11.0 on Tue.

Sounds good.
I think the code base is ready for a RC.

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
camel-example-cxf-blueprint 2.11-SNAPSHOT is now working on my Karaf 2.3.1
installation after adding the feature camel-blueprint.

Best,
Christian

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I have fixed the blueprint problem with camel:run

Which actually also could be a problem for testing with
camel-test-blueprint. So this should be better now.

And the Windows test is also fixed. So we are looking into good shape.

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 6:16 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Okay so we have 2 issues
>
> - a test in camel-aws fails on Windows.
> - camel:run in blueprint does not work
>
> I will work on the latter tomorrow morning.
> And then look at the failing test on Windows (it indicate a problem
> with not closing a file input stream, causing the file to be locked).
>
> IMHO we should have these 2 fixed before we can cut the RC.
>

> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am running a full test on Windows.
>>
>> There is a single test in camel-aws that fails. I guess its related to
>> not being able to delete the file.
>> Will dig into this later when getting a bit of time. Either later
>> today or tomorrow morning.
>>
>> If anyone on Windows, then feel free to look into that failing test so
>> we can have it fixed before cutting the 2.11 release.
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Just a note to us that we should remember checkin the maven archetype
>>> for the blueprint.
>>> There may be a problem with 2x blueprint on the classpath when using camel:run

>>> --
>>> Claus Ibsen
>>> -----------------
>>> Red Hat, Inc.
>>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>>> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
>>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>>> Twitter: davsclaus
>>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com
>>> Author of Camel in Action: http://www.manning.com/ibsen
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Twitter: davsclaus
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Twitter: davsclaus
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Claus!

I will have a look at this later today and let you know whether I could
find and fix the issue.

But there are still three outstanding issues [1] which prevents me starting
the build.
I think Hadrian already fixed
CAMEL-6234<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-6234>.
Right?
Not sure whether Willem is done with
CAMEL-6182<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-6182>.
Willem?
CAMEL-6042 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-6042> is only open
for improving the unit test's, Claus?

[1]

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Okay so we have 2 issues

- a test in camel-aws fails on Windows.
- camel:run in blueprint does not work

I will work on the latter tomorrow morning.
And then look at the failing test on Windows (it indicate a problem
with not closing a file input stream, causing the file to be locked).

IMHO we should have these 2 fixed before we can cut the RC.

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am running a full test on Windows.
>
> There is a single test in camel-aws that fails. I guess its related to
> not being able to delete the file.
> Will dig into this later when getting a bit of time. Either later
> today or tomorrow morning.
>
> If anyone on Windows, then feel free to look into that failing test so
> we can have it fixed before cutting the 2.11 release.
>

> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Just a note to us that we should remember checkin the maven archetype
>> for the blueprint.
>> There may be a problem with 2x blueprint on the classpath when using camel:run

>>> I think there always will be a coming release and you should not try to
>>> catch all of them.
>>> You could upgrade with a 2.12 if necessary.
>>>
>>> Just my 2ct
>>> Jan
>>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
>> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Twitter: davsclaus
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Twitter: davsclaus
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I am running a full test on Windows.

There is a single test in camel-aws that fails. I guess its related to
not being able to delete the file.
Will dig into this later when getting a bit of time. Either later
today or tomorrow morning.

If anyone on Windows, then feel free to look into that failing test so
we can have it fixed before cutting the 2.11 release.

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a note to us that we should remember checkin the maven archetype
> for the blueprint.
> There may be a problem with 2x blueprint on the classpath when using camel:run
>
> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Jan Matèrne (jhm) <ap...@materne.de> wrote:
>>> There is a new Apache SMX bundle in VOTE just now.
>>> Wonder if we should wait for this release so the Camel bundles can use
>>> these upgrades?
>>> Or maybe we want to get the 2.11 out sooner?
>>
>> I think there always will be a coming release and you should not try to
>> catch all of them.
>> You could upgrade with a 2.12 if necessary.
>>
>> Just my 2ct
>> Jan
>>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Twitter: davsclaus
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

AW: [DISCUSS] - Moving towards Camel 2.11 release

Posted by "Jan Matèrne (jhm)" <ap...@materne.de>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

There is a new Apache SMX bundle in VOTE just now.
Wonder if we should wait for this release so the Camel bundles can use
these upgrades?
Or maybe we want to get the 2.11 out sooner?

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Babak!

Thanks for fixing it. But I use en_US as locale ;-)

cmueller$ mvn -v
Apache Maven 3.0.5 (r01de14724cdef164cd33c7c8c2fe155faf9602da; 2013-02-19
14:51:28+0100)
Maven home: /Applications/apache-maven-3.0.5
Java version: 1.6.0_43, vendor: Apple Inc.
Java home:
/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0_43-b01-447.jdk/Contents/Home
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: MacRoman
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.8.3", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

Best,
Christian

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi Christian,

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
I think there is a problem with camel-bindy as well. I am looking into
it today.

Hadrian

Posted by Raul Kripalani <ra...@evosent.com>.
I'll take a stab at it this evening!

Regards,

*Raúl Kripalani*
Enterprise Architect, Open Source Integration specialist, Program
Manager | Apache
Camel Committer
http://about.me/raulkripalani | http://www.linkedin.com/in/raulkripalani
http://blog.raulkr.net | twitter: @raulvk