Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by William Hovingh <wh...@pcusa.org> on 2000/08/02 19:23:26 UTC

Extra path info supported in Tomcat 3.1?

Forgive me if this is FAQ: I've tried to search through past
messages of the list and at the Tomcat info sites I'm aware
of, and haven't found an answer:

How do I invoke a servlet and pass it "extra path info"
(which would be available within the servlet through the
HttpServletRequest.getPathInfo() method)?

When I attempt to do this thus:

GET
http://server.example.com/mycontext/MyServlet/foo/bar?parm=val

(where I've defined the servlet MyServlet in the web.xml
file of the mycontext context, and expect
request.getPathInfo() to return the String "/foo/bar"), I
get "404 /mycontext/MyServlet/foo/bar File Not Found" as a
result.

What am I missing?

Re: URL rewriting problem

Posted by Aleksey Tsalolikhin <at...@earthlink.net>.
Dear Raymund,

Try http://jakarta.apache.org/jyve-faq/Turbine/screen/DisplayQuestionAnswer/action/SetAll/project_id/2/faq_id/12/topic_id/43/question_id/329

URL rewriting problem

Re: Extra path info supported in Tomcat 3.1?

Posted by Tim Kientzle <ki...@acm.org>.
You're exactly right about how getPathInfo() works.

Unfortunately, you've not yet gotten Tomcat configured
to run your servlet.

If your context directory isn't under Tomcat's
'webapps', you'll need to explicitly list it in
the server.xml file.  You'll then probably need
to create an entry in your context's web.xml for
your servlet.   In any event, you'll need to restart
Tomcat to get it to pick up all these changes.

				- Tim

Re: Tomcat/PWS integration

Posted by Christian Wenz <ch...@stud.tu-muenchen.de>.
Hi,

> 1) In the uriworker.properties file, what exactly do I need to serve up
> any of the jsp/servlets in the examples directory?

you don't have to change anything

> 2) It says I need to make a "Filter DLLs" key in my registry, fine.
> However, what is the String data, I'm assuming the String value is the
> list of dll's?

yes, as it says in the howto: "you need to insert the full path to
isapi_redirect.dll"

Regards
Christian

Tomcat/PWS integration

Posted by Manish Shah <ma...@enteract.com>.
Hey guys,

I followed the instructions for the PWS/Tomcat integration, but I'm still
having problems serving up JSPs/Servlets. Two questions: