Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Parames <kp...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/24 04:23:36 UTC

newbie -How axis works ?Need help

Hi folks ,
Im new to Apache AXIS  ,I need to write java web
services for my .net client(ASP .net,GUI)...
before that im trying to getknown about this by
running some examples....I tried Stock example..but
after deployment not able to see anything.....

1)How can generate WSDL???Then
2) what is deployment  using AsminClient??Need to do
both ??
3)Do we need download "Java2Wsdl"??
4) Where can we see this wddl code??

Help will  be much appreciated
Thanks and regards
Parames....

http://sbc.yahoo.com

Re: newbie -How axis works ?Need help

Posted by remko de knikker <re...@yale.edu>.
1)How can generate WSDL???Then
A: by appending ?wsdl to the web service URL

2) what is deployment  using AsminClient??Need to do
A: This will make the web service known to the java container/server, it will configure the file server-config.wsdd. AdminClient is the axis-tool that automates this for you, by using a wsdd-file as input.
Example:
<deployment name="deployGetHAPI" xmlns="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/"
            xmlns:java="http://xml.apache.org/axis/wsdd/providers/java"
            xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance">
  <service name="GetHAPI" style="message">
    <parameter name="className" value="ws.hapi.GetHAPI" />
    <parameter name="allowedMethods" value="method2" />
  </service>
</deployment>
from command line type:
java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient file.wsdd

both ??
3)Do we need download "Java2Wsdl"??
A: no it's included in axis

4) Where can we see this wddl code??