Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by am...@satester.com on 2015/10/14 18:49:47 UTC

Relay Country Plugin GEOIP issue

Hi,

We activated the relay country plugin yesterday. As part of the process
we did a yum install perl-Geo-IP.  Now we get the following warning when
we lint or salearn.

Use of uninitialized value $hasStructureInfo in numeric eq (==) at (eval
31) line 5520

I have no idea which file line 5520 is in, and I am not finding much in
Google and I'm hoping someone here has a clue. Thanks.

Allen
am@satester.com

Re: Relay Country Plugin GEOIP issue - solved

Posted by am...@satester.com.
On 2015-10-14 18:31, Mark Martinec wrote:

> Check your database:
>
>   $ spamassassin --lint -D metadata' 2>&1 | fgrep RelayCountry
>
> should yield something like:
>
> Oct 15 01:26:45.584 [78315] dbg: metadata: RelayCountry:
>   Using database: Geo::IP GEO-106FREE 20151006 Build 1
>   Copyright (c) 2015 MaxMind Inc All Rights Reserved

We see that exact response but we are still exhibited the warning.

> Fresh files can be downloaded from:
>
>   http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/legacy/geolite/
>
> unzip them and place them to their expected location,
> typically /usr/local/share/GeoIP/ .
> You need files GeoIP.dat and GeoIPv6.dat there.
>
>   Mark

We tried this with no luck. Then we discovered we were patching the bug
in the wrong location.

Wrong Location (System Location): /usr/local/share/perl5/Geo/IP.pm
Right Location (Cpanel Location)
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Geo/IP.pm

Now it's working as it's supposed to.  Thanks for your help.

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
2015-10-15 00:09, am@satester.com wrote:
> Does the Geo::IP package need
> to be recompiled for the change to go into effect?

No.

> Use of uninitialized value $hasStructureInfo in numeric eq (==)
> at (eval 31) line 5520

According to comments in Geo/IP.pm your GeoIP database files
must be very old if the program followed that codepath:

     # no structure info, must be pre Sep 2002 database, go back to

Check your database:

   $ spamassassin --lint -D metadata' 2>&1 | fgrep RelayCountry

should yield something like:

Oct 15 01:26:45.584 [78315] dbg: metadata: RelayCountry:
   Using database: Geo::IP GEO-106FREE 20151006 Build 1
   Copyright (c) 2015 MaxMind Inc All Rights Reserved

Fresh files can be downloaded from:

   http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/legacy/geolite/

unzip them and place them to their expected location,
typically /usr/local/share/GeoIP/ .
You need files GeoIP.dat and GeoIPv6.dat there.

   Mark

Re: Relay Country Plugin GEOIP issue

Posted by am...@satester.com.
Hi, I cannot get the fix below to work.  Does the Geo::IP package need
to be recompiled for the change to go into effect? If so, any tips on
how to recompile would be greatly appreciated.

Allen
am@satester.com

On 2015-10-14 12:04, George Ficzeri wrote:
> This?
>
> https://github.com/maxmind/geoip-api-perl/pull/22
>
> If you click 'Files changed' you'll see the path, and see the fix.
>

> On 10/14/15 11:49 AM, am@satester.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We activated the relay country plugin yesterday. As part of the
>> process
>> we did a yum install perl-Geo-IP.  Now we get the following warning
>> when
>> we lint or salearn.
>>
>> Use of uninitialized value $hasStructureInfo in numeric eq (==) at
>> (eval
>> 31) line 5520
>>
>> I have no idea which file line 5520 is in, and I am not finding much
>> in
>> Google and I'm hoping someone here has a clue. Thanks.
>>

>> Allen
>> am@satester.com

Re: Relay Country Plugin GEOIP issue

Posted by am...@satester.com.
Thanks for the reply George.  We tried that link yesterday and made the
change as described with no results. We restarted mailscanner but
nothing else. Maybe I need to restart our MTA or other daemon.

Allen
am@bandwise.com

Posted by George Ficzeri <ge...@onshore.com>.
This?