Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Apache <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2017/09/11 07:39:55 UTC

Log4J 2.9.1 release

I am thinking about doing the Log4J 2.9.1 release at the end of the week as there are a couple of bugs I'd like published by the time Java 9 is released.

Ralph

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
I'll try to put in a fix for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1988?filter=-1 (java.util.ConcurrentModificationException with AsyncLogger?) today.

Stretch goal: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-2031 (Messages appear out of order in log file (was: Log4j2 log file not reflecting application log function calls))

Remko

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
That all sounds great!

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
I am fine with adding new features.

Ralph

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@apache.org>.

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
It was indeed my intention to have Jetty, JBoss, etc in that module. They are all mutually exclusive and presumably the dependencies would be <scope>provided</scope> so there really should be no conflict in having them all reside in the same module.

I haven’t been pushing splitting up core as I have been advocating that some of the things in the log4j 2 build might be better served being moved to another repo/sub-project much as we have done for Scala.

Ralph

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Re: Log4J 2.9.1 release