Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Jean-Louis Vila <jl...@cosmosbay.com> on 2001/10/04 18:33:22 UTC

Java SOAP invocation API

Hi,

Is there, like SoapToolkit2 from Microsoft, a service invocation
package which, just with a WSDL file, invokes a method WITHOUT a stub class?

With MS in javascript we just write these few lines,
		var client = new ActiveXObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient");
		client.mssoapinit("MyDescr.wsdl", "Person", "PersonPort", "");
		var aName=client.getName();

My service "Person" is defined as Java object deployed under Apache SOAP2.

Jean-Louis.

Re: Java SOAP invocation API

Posted by Paramdeep Singh <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

There is a package (freely downloadble) using which you dont have to do
anything at all to make a SOAP request (Not even write these few lines of
code). It even generates the GUI for you, which too is configurable to some
extent. The package can be downlaoded from:

http://www.sics.se/~hamfors/

I find this tool amazing. It even allows you to connect web-services.. All
you have to do is to give the wsdl location!

Otherwise to generate a proxy client, IBM WSTK can be used.

Regards
Paramdeep

Re: Java SOAP invocation API