Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by abhayd <aj...@hotmail.com> on 2015/12/03 23:43:55 UTC

Collection Name is different than what i specify in API

hi
I am using solr 4.10 in cloud mode. I am able to create collection using

./zkcli.sh -cmd upconfig -confdir $CONF_DIR -confname techproducts
-collection techproducts -z $ZOOKEEPER_URL && curl
"http://$SOLR_URL/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=techproducts&router.name=compositeId&numShards=1&maxShardsPerNode=1"

Instead of getting collection as "techproducts" i get collection name as
"techproducts_shard1_replica1"

How do i correct this to be "techproducts" ?

Re: Collection Name is different than what i specify in API

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2015, at 10:49 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : I am using solr 4.10 in cloud mode. I am able to create collection
> using
> :
> : ./zkcli.sh -cmd upconfig -confdir $CONF_DIR -confname techproducts
> : -collection techproducts -z $ZOOKEEPER_URL && curl
> :
> "http://$SOLR_URL/solr/admin/collections?action=CREATE&name=techproducts&router.name=compositeId&numShards=1&maxShardsPerNode=1"
> :
> : Instead of getting collection as "techproducts" i get collection name
> as
> : "techproducts_shard1_replica1"
> :
> : How do i correct this to be "techproducts" ?
>
> the "collection" name you should get is definitely "techproducts" ... the
> "core" name that you get implementing that collection on disk will be
> "techproducts_shard1_replica1" ... if you specified that you wanted
> multiple shards or multiple replicas of shards, then you would get
> multiple Solr cores with names like "techproducts_shard2_replica1",
> "techproducts_shard1_replica2", etc...
>
> Once you create a collection you can send requests it with the
> appropriate
> URLs...
>
> 	http://$SOLR_URL/solr/techproducts/select
> 	http://$SOLR_URL/solr/techproducts/update
> 	etc...
>
> ...and solr will route requests under the covers to the appropriate
> core(s)
>
> The Admin UI (especially in 4.10) is very "core" centric so that you can
> see the details of every replica, but if you look at the "Cloud" screen
> in
> the UI it will in fact show you the collections and what cores make up
> that collection...
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Cloud+Screens

The UI from 5.4 will fix this - it will show separate drop downs for
collections and cores, which I hope will make this much clearer.

Upayavira

Re: Collection Name is different than what i specify in API

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
[...]

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/