Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2021/05/19 12:56:21 UTC

Missing options and profiles in the create-release script

Hello,

I'm trying to understand Hadoop's create-release script. Looks like it's
missing a number of options and profiles that the regular precommit script
does:

https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/trunk/dev-support/bin/create-release#L133

https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/trunk/dev-support/bin/hadoop.sh#L247

The create-release script does not have -Drequire.valgrind -Drequire.zstd.
Maybe this is fine. I just cherrypicked HADOOP-17224 to install zstd.

It also doesn't build with -Pyarn-ui. --> should this be included in an
official release bit?

Neither of them adds -Drequire.pmdk and it doesn't look like our Docker
installs the pmdk library.