Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by cen <im...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/06 20:23:28 UTC

TM text is replaced with superscript - trademark symbol

Hi

I stumbled upon a weird situation where a simple text "TM" gets
automatically converted to superscript position as if it was the
trademark symbol, when rendered.

For example, <fo:inline>TM</fo:inline> in PDF gets rendered as seen in
the attachment.

I noticed that this only happens when using a specific OCR font and not
with regular fonts like Courier.

I had a hard time to even figure out what to search for on google and I
haven't seen anything like this mentioned in the FOP documentation.

Anyone has an idea what this is and how to disable it?

Best regards, cen

Re: TM text is replaced with superscript - trademark symbol

Posted by cen <im...@gmail.com>.
Incredible, thanks for the hint.

Disabling complex scripts does indeed work. I also opened the font in
FontForge and found the (TM) ligature exactly as you said.

Thanks for help, learned something new today about fonts.

Posted by Chris Bowditch <bo...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,