Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/25 07:36:55 UTC

Upgrading Applications from Cayenne 3.0 to 3.1

Hi All,

I would like hear about peoples experiences upgrading web applications from
Cayenne 3.0 to 3.1 ?

http://cayenne.apache.org/docs/3.1/upgrade-guide/ar01.html#cayenne-modeler

What issues did people experience, and do you have any advice you can
provide.

thanks for your help.

regards Malcolm Edgar

Re: Upgrading Applications from Cayenne 3.0 to 3.1

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
I've started putting a CayenneUtils class in my 3.0 apps which has:

    public static DataContext newContext()
    {
        return DataContext.createDataContext();
    }

When I switch it over to 3.1, I'll change this method to create the context
from the server runtime and also add the server runtime bootstrapping to
the class.  This way the application generally won't be impacted unless
doing tricky things.  I just have a new place to get the contexts.

mrg

Posted by Malcolm Edgar <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.