Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/23 21:34:40 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New committer: Vladimir Ozerov

Apache Calcite's Project Management Committee (PMC) has invited Vladimir
Ozerov to
become a committer, and we are pleased to announce that he has accepted.

Vladimir is among the few people who know very well the internal workings
of the
Calcite optimizer. He started and participated in many discussions about
the core engine and contributed ideas and code for making it better.
Moreover, Vladimir has blogged and talked about Calcite in various
conferences and meetups giving publicity and showcasing the capabilities of
the project.

Vladimir, welcome, thank you for your contributions, and we look forward to
your
further interactions with the community! If you wish, please feel free to
tell
us more about yourself and what you are working on.

Stamatis (on behalf of the Apache Calcite PMC)

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer: Vladimir Ozerov

Posted by JiaTao Tao <ta...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations

Regards!

Aron Tao

Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com> 于2021年6月28日周一 下午2:56写道:

Posted by Chunwei Lei <ch...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Vladimir!

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
Vladimir, welcome!

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
I agree there is a lack of documentation, and it is hurting us.

One explanation is that there are no companies selling Calcite directly. (Compare, for example Druid, Hive and Cassandra.) If there were, those companies would employ technical writers to contribute documentation.

On a related note. Stamatis and I are going to VLDB in Copenhagen [1] to give a tutorial on Calcite to the conference attendees (many of whom are from academia). Stamatis has been working hard on a hands-on tutorial that allows people to build a useful project using Calcite. This effort should help build awareness of Calcite, and provide a concrete way for people to get started using Calcite.

Julian

[1] https://boss-workshop.github.io/boss-2021/

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <pp...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, everybody!

Posted by Fan Liya <li...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations, Vladimir!

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@gmail.com>.
Welcome, Vladimir!

Posted by Albert <zi...@gmail.com>.
Congrats.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
no mistakes

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New committer: Vladimir Ozerov

Posted by Alessandro Solimando <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Viliam Durina <vi...@hazelcast.com>.
Congratulations!

Posted by Forward Xu <fo...@gmail.com>.