Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2022/09/22 09:21:47 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.66

The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.66 release is now available for voting.

The notable changes compared to 9.0.65 are:

- Add support for authenticating WebSocket clients with an HTTP forward
   proxy when establishing a connection to a WebSocket endpoint via a
   forward proxy that requires authentication. Based on a patch provided
   by Joe Mokos.

- Various fixes for edge case bugs in EL processing.

- Improve host header handling for HTTP/2 requests.

Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.

For full details, see the changelog:
https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-9.0.x/docs/changelog.html

It can be obtained from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.66/
The Maven staging repo is:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1395
The tag is:
https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/9.0.66
f4d5910eadd7c7c1a3580258712f52c47aef9dea

The proposed 9.0.66 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.66 (stable)

Rémy

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.66

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 9/22/22 11:21, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.66 (stable)

Tested on fedora 36 with tc-native 1.2.35

--
Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.66

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 9:00 AM Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de> wrote:

> Am 22.09.2022 um 11:21 schrieb Rémy Maucherat:
> > The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.66 release is now available for voting.
> >
> > The notable changes compared to 9.0.65 are:
> >
> > - Add support for authenticating WebSocket clients with an HTTP forward
> >     proxy when establishing a connection to a WebSocket endpoint via a
> >     forward proxy that requires authentication. Based on a patch provided
> >     by Joe Mokos.
> >
> > - Various fixes for edge case bugs in EL processing.
> >
> > - Improve host header handling for HTTP/2 requests.
> >
> > Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
> >
> > For full details, see the changelog:
> > https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-9.0.x/docs/changelog.html
> >
> > It can be obtained from:
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.66/
> > The Maven staging repo is:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1395
> > The tag is:
> > https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/9.0.66
> > f4d5910eadd7c7c1a3580258712f52c47aef9dea
> >
> > The proposed 9.0.66 release is:
> > [X] Broken - do not release
> > [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.66 (stable)
> >
> > Rémy
>
> I would not release due to the "missing JMX properties" bug. Thank you
> Rémy for fixing it so quickly yesterday!

Let's do a 67 instead then. The vote is cancelled.

Rémy

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 22/09/2022 10:21, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.66 release is now available for voting.
>
> The notable changes compared to 9.0.65 are:
>
> - Add support for authenticating WebSocket clients with an HTTP forward
>     proxy when establishing a connection to a WebSocket endpoint via a
>     forward proxy that requires authentication. Based on a patch provided
>     by Joe Mokos.
>
> - Various fixes for edge case bugs in EL processing.
>
> - Improve host header handling for HTTP/2 requests.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-9.0.x/docs/changelog.html
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.66/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1395
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/9.0.66
> f4d5910eadd7c7c1a3580258712f52c47aef9dea
>
> The proposed 9.0.66 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.66 (stable)

Unit tests pass on Linux, MacOS and Windows

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 9.0.66

Posted by Han Li <li...@apache.org>.

> 2022年9月22日 17:21,Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> 写道:
>
> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.66 release is now available for voting.
>
> The notable changes compared to 9.0.65 are:
>
> - Add support for authenticating WebSocket clients with an HTTP forward
>   proxy when establishing a connection to a WebSocket endpoint via a
>   forward proxy that requires authentication. Based on a patch provided
>   by Joe Mokos.
>
> - Various fixes for edge case bugs in EL processing.
>
> - Improve host header handling for HTTP/2 requests.
>
> Along with lots of other bug fixes and improvements.
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> https://nightlies.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-9.0.x/docs/changelog.html
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.66/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1395
> The tag is:
> https://github.com/apache/tomcat/tree/9.0.66
> f4d5910eadd7c7c1a3580258712f52c47aef9dea
>
> The proposed 9.0.66 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X ] Stable - go ahead and release as 9.0.66 (stable)
Unit tests pass with Tomcat Native 1.2.35 and OpenSSL 3.0.5 on macOS 12.3.1.

Han

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 22.09.2022 um 22:01 schrieb Rainer Jung:
> I see a problem and wanted to do a quick heads up before double checking:
>
> When looking at the MBeans via the jmxproxy in the manager webapp,
> especially the
> Catalina:type=RequestProcessor,worker="http-nio-<PORT>",name=HttpRequest<NUM>, version 9.0.66 misses lots of attributes we previously made available:
>
> bytesReceived
> bytesSent
> errorCount
> lastRequestProcessingTime
> maxRequestUri
> maxTime
> processingTime
> requestCount
> stage
> workerThreadName
>
> The attributes that are still available are:
>
> contentLength
> currentQueryString
> currentUri
> globalProcessor
> method
> modelerType
> Name
> peerAddr
> protocol
> remoteAddr
> remoteAddrForwarded
> requestBytesReceived
> requestBytesSent
> requestProcessingTime
> rpName
> serverPort
> virtualHost
>
> It seems the recent 10.0 and 10.1 suffer from the same problem.
>
> I noticed this during testing, because I use tooling that is based on
> parts of this MBean info.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Rainer

The logs show (just an example, one such block for any missing attribute):

2022-09-22 18:11:06,791 141650 ERROR [https-jsse-nio-8144-exec-9]
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanDumper (MBeanDumper.java:106) - Error
getting attribute [workerThreadName] for object name
[Catalina:type=RequestProcessor,worker="http-nio-8180",name=HttpRequest1]
javax.management.ReflectionException: Cannot find getter method
[setWorkerThreadName] on resource [org.apache.coyote.RequestInfo@380a60fd]
         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.ManagedBean.getGetter(ManagedBean.java:461)
~[tomcat-coyote.jar:9.0.66]
         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean.getAttribute(BaseModelMBean.java:167)
~[tomcat-coyote.jar:9.0.66]
         at
com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getAttribute(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:641)
~[?:?]
         at
com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.getAttribute(JmxMBeanServer.java:678)
~[?:?]
         at
org.apache.catalina.mbeans.MBeanDumper.dumpBeans(MBeanDumper.java:89)
~[catalina.jar:9.0.66]
         at
org.apache.catalina.manager.JMXProxyServlet.listBeans(JMXProxyServlet.java:194)
~[catalina.jar:9.0.66]
         at
org.apache.catalina.manager.JMXProxyServlet.doGet(JMXProxyServlet.java:129)
~[catalina.jar:9.0.66]
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
org.apache.coyote.RequestInfo.setWorkerThreadName()
         at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:2108) ~[?:?]
         at
org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.ManagedBean.getGetter(ManagedBean.java:454)
~[tomcat-coyote.jar:9.0.66]
         ... 35 more

Regards,

Rainer