Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ketan Khairnar <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/26 07:17:34 UTC

maven-antrun-plugin

Hi All,
I am new to maven and some of the tasks are better written in ant compared
to maven and hence I needed to use maven-antrun-plugin.

Ant-run plugin shows following lines on command line

[INFO] [antrun:run]
[INFO] Executing tasks
[INFO] Executed tasks

But Its not executing tasks defined in the build xml which is in the same
directory of pom.xml.

Here is the plugin snippet from pom xml of the project

                <plugin>
                    <version>1.3</version>
                    <executions>
                        <execution>
                            <phase>compile</phase>
                            <configuration>
                                <tasks>
                                    <property name="compile_classpath"
refid="maven.compile.classpath" />
                                    <property name="runtime_classpath"
refid="maven.runtime.classpath" />
                                    <property name="test_classpath"
refid="maven.test.classpath" />
                                    <property name="plugin_classpath"
refid="maven.plugin.classpath" />

                                    <echo    message="compile classpath:
${compile_classpath}" />
                                    <echo    message="runtime classpath:
${runtime_classpath}" />
                                    <echo
                                        message="test classpath:
${test_classpath}" />
                                    <echo
                                        message="plugin classpath:
${plugin_classpath}" />

                                </tasks>
                            </configuration>
                            <goals>
                                <goal>run</goal>
                            </goals>
                        </execution>
                    </executions>
                </plugin>

Deault plugin version was 1.1. I changed it to newer version but still it
didnt work

any help/pointers?

regards,
Ketan

Re: maven-antrun-plugin

Posted by Sagara Gunathunga <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ketan,

you need to define your Build.xml file under the  the configuration as follows.

<tasks>
		<echo> Hello World ANT</echo>
		<property name="compile_classpath" refid="maven.compile.classpath"/>
		<property name="runtime_classpath" refid="maven.runtime.classpath"/>

		<ant antfile="${basedir}/build.xml">
                           <target name="run"/>
                 </ant>
 </tasks>

"run" is a target defined in Build.xml file that will execute by
maven-antrun-plugin , hope this will help you

Thanks ,

--
Sagara Gunathunga

Blog - ssagara.blogspot.com