Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by "Thomas, Peter" <pt...@HPTI.com> on 2010/03/18 15:54:07 UTC

Support for SASL bind in mod_ldap?

Looking at modules/ldap/util_ldap.c , it appears that mod_ldap is
"hard-wired" to support only ldap_simple_bind_s.  Has anyone looked into
enabling SASL authentication in mod_ldap?

Are there any pitfalls I should be cognizant of if I plan to go down
that road mysely?

--Pete

Re: Support for SASL bind in mod_ldap?

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Thomas, Peter <pt...@hpti.com> wrote:
> Looking at modules/ldap/util_ldap.c , it appears that mod_ldap is
> "hard-wired" to support only ldap_simple_bind_s.  Has anyone looked into
> enabling SASL authentication in mod_ldap?
> Are there any pitfalls I should be cognizant of if I plan to go down
> that road mysely?

Just portability between SDKs.

--
Eric Covener