Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Mikhail Gryzykhin <mi...@google.com> on 2018/06/21 17:04:14 UTC

Is Gearpump post-commit tests jenkins job still valid?

Hello everyone,

I see that in Jenkins we have
a beam_PostCommit_Java_ValidatesRunner_Gearpump_Gradle job configured.

Yesterday, I unified creation of post-commit jobs and this made all
post-commit tests run on schedule and enabled Gearpump tests job.
Unfortunately, that job is configured to run against unexisting branch
"gearpump-runner" and began failing.

I wonder what is the history of Gearpump runner. If we are not working on
this runner, it would be good to disable and remove/rename this job to
reduce clutter in Jenkins.

Otherwise any person looking at post-commit tests will be confused with not
running or disabled job.

Currently, I'm going to revert my change to make that job only run on
comment on PullRequest as it was before.

However I want your input is it ok removing this job completely or renaming
it?

Regards,
--Mikhail

Re: Is Gearpump post-commit tests jenkins job still valid?

Posted by Manu Zhang <ow...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mik and Kenn for taking care of this, which should really be my job.

Posted by Mikhail Gryzykhin <mi...@google.com>.
Thank you for update on this.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com>.