Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2008/04/12 01:28:42 UTC

ApacheCon POI BOF

A guy turned up looking for the POI BOF at ApacheCon EU, but found
no-one there. He was interested in the OOXML support, so I gave him a
quick run down of how it is working for excel (from what I understood
attending the POI sessions) and said I would try and find out if there
were any docs on-line yet and forward to him.

Couldn't find any of the slides from ApacheCon here:

http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheConEu08PresentationSlides

...or anything on the poi home page.

Is there anything I can point him to that shows examples with the new
interfaces and OOXML and/or OLE2?

tia

Niall

Re: ApacheCon POI BOF

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008, Niall Pemberton wrote:
> A guy turned up looking for the POI BOF at ApacheCon EU, but found
> no-one there.

Ah, we'd moved the BoF to the JTeam boat cruise. I'd told everyone who'd
said they were coming, but alas that wouldn't have caught anyone who
wandered by without having signed up :/

> Couldn't find any of the slides from ApacheCon here:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ApacheConEu08PresentationSlides

The two POI FFT talks should now be listed there. Mine is at
http://people.apache.org/~nick/POI-Talks/POI-FastFeatherTrack-ACEU08.odp

> ...or anything on the poi home page.

For now, to get the docs on the ooxml support, you need to run the "site"
ant task on a checkout from the branch (the site is based off the docs in
trunk, which is 3.0.x). However, the docs for ooxml will be in the 3.5
alpha release, once that's done

Nick