Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Wouter de Bie <wo...@spotify.com> on 2013/01/15 18:07:55 UTC

The future of 0.7

Hi all,

We're currently using Kafka 0.7 and here and there we're running in a few bugs here and there. Since 0.8 is around the corner, it might not make too much sense in sending the patches for 0.8 upstream, unless 0.7 will live a (long) life next to 0.8. What's your take on the future of the 0.7 branch?

Thanks!

--
Wouter de Bie
Team Lead Analytics and Data Infrastructure, Spotify

Re: The future of 0.7

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jason,

This is included with Kafka 0.8 - kafka.tools.KafkaMigrationTool. It runs a
0.7 consumer and 0.8 producer to copy the data between your 0.7 Kafka
cluster and 0.8 Kafka cluster.

Thanks,
Neha

Re: The future of 0.7