Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Billingham, Walter 475" <Wa...@CIGNA.com> on 2002/07/18 22:33:57 UTC

RE: Tomcat hangs with Apache2

Chris,

	I'm a newbie, so excuse lack of knowledge, however, you actually got
these 2 to install and work together can you share your experience?  Are you
using mod_jk or the AJP connectors?  What's the specs of the system?
Thanks. Trask

Unix has its weak points but its file system is not one of them.

- Chris Torek

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by e-mail at the address shown.  This e-mail transmission may contain confidential information.  This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly.  Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.  Thank you for your compliance. Copyright (c) 2002 CIGNA

Re: Tomcat hangs with Apache2

Posted by Chris McCabe <Ch...@choicehotels.com>.
Yes, getting them installed and working together was actually fairly
easy.  I can't get the mod_jk connectors to work yet, but the mod_webapp
works except for the problem I described, which happens on every
request, so it is useless.
  I have it working on RedHat 7.0 and RedHat 7.2 systems.  The only part
that took a little time was building the connector modules.  It took a
couple of tries.  Also, you need to make sure that you are specifying
the 'ServerName' directive in httpd.conf and that it has a port
specification even if it is the default port 80.  Otherwise mod_webapp
will choke.  Should look something like:

ServerName www.domain.com:80

or you can put your IP address instead of the name.
What else do you need to know?

Chris