Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Remi Bergsma <re...@remi.nl> on 2015/06/01 06:41:40 UTC

Re: [VOTE] release candidate 4.4.4

Hi Milamber,

I think it is new in 4.4.4, backported from master but Daan can confirm.

4.4.1 refers to the system vm template version and not per se to CloudStack 4.4.1. There is no reason to upgrade it so it can stay at 4.4.1 again as the upgrade procedure is much easier and faster without upgrading systemvms.

It is a great feature because it allows to upgrade the systemvm template regardless of CloudStack version. Handy when there's a new glibc/shellshock alike issue.

But it should work transparently and not bug users. Will work with Daan today to fix it.

Same could be going on in 4.5 branch, will check that too.

Regards, Remi

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

On 01/06/2015 06:40, Rohit Yadav wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looks like MinVRVersionCK (minreq.sysvmtemplate.version) setting is a ConfigKey, I’m not sure about 4.4 but on 4.5/master it creates an entry in configuration table if unavailable.

On my fresh CS 4.5.1 installation, the minreq.sysvmtemplate.version key
doesn't exists in the database. (My CS 4.5.1 works fine)

>   If upgrading from 4.4.2/4.4.1 to 4.4.4 does not create this we can either add it in the upgrade path or add in the release/upgrade notes. I think the default version of MinVRVersionCK for 4.4 should be 4.4.0 to use any 4.4 template.

Yes agree.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello Daan,

No objections. And thanks for the new RC.

Milamber

Posted by Rafael Fonseca <rs...@gmail.com>.
No prob Daan :)
Like it said, it still needs some testing before merging as is into the
code base.
If you don't care much about that security issue (the risk of a XSS attack
to get your sessionkey, for which the attacker would also need network
access to your server, which he normally wouldn't if you took minimum care
of securing it :) ), this patch restores old behavior to use cookies for
session persistence:

(just did this now and didn't test, but there should be no issues)
(you can also take a backup of cloudStack.js just in case ;) )

cat << 'EOF' > patch.file
*** ui/scripts/cloudStack.js    2015-06-01 15:41:54.986000000 +0200
--- /usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapps/client/scripts/cloudStack.js
2015-06-01 15:41:51.410000000 +0200
***************
*** 117,131 ****
                          }
                          return cookieValue;
                      };
!                     unBoxCookieValue('sessionkey');
!                     // if sessionkey cookie exists use this to set
g_sessionKey
!                     // and destroy sessionkey cookie
!                     if ($.cookie('sessionkey')) {
!                         g_sessionKey = $.cookie('sessionkey');
!                         $.cookie('sessionkey', null);
!                     } else {
!                         g_sessionKey = unBoxCookieValue('JSESSIONID');
!                     }
                      g_role = unBoxCookieValue('role');
                      g_userid = unBoxCookieValue('userid');
                      g_domainid = unBoxCookieValue('domainid');
--- 117,123 ----
                          }
                          return cookieValue;
                      };
!                     g_sessionKey = unBoxCookieValue('sessionkey');
                      g_role = unBoxCookieValue('role');
                      g_userid = unBoxCookieValue('userid');
                      g_domainid = unBoxCookieValue('domainid');
***************
*** 234,239 ****
--- 226,234 ----
                          g_timezone = loginresponse.timezone;
                          g_userfullname = loginresponse.firstname + ' ' +
loginresponse.lastname;

+                         $.cookie('sessionKey', g_sessionKey, {
+                             expires: 1
+                         });
                          $.cookie('username', g_username, {
                              expires: 1
                          });
EOF
patch /usr/share/cloudstack-management/webapps/client/scripts/cloudStack.js
-i patch.file

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
:) please do - send the patch.

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [VOTE] release candidate 4.4.4

Posted by Rafael Fonseca <rs...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrija,

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Daan, Rafael,

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [VOTE] release candidate 4.4.4

Posted by Rafael Fonseca <rs...@gmail.com>.
This will fix the deb tests on jenkins permanently :)
The packaging always needed a manual update in deb/changelog after a change
in pom.xml version. If this step was forgotten or skipped, it would break.
Fixed for now and forever hopefully :)

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Fonseca <rs...@gmail.com>.
Hey Daan,

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.
Sounds reasonable to me.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Remi Bergsma <re...@remi.nl>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Milamber <mi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Erik Weber <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi,

Looks like MinVRVersionCK (minreq.sysvmtemplate.version) setting is a ConfigKey, I’m not sure about 4.4 but on 4.5/master it creates an entry in configuration table if unavailable. If upgrading from 4.4.2/4.4.1 to 4.4.4 does not create this we can either add it in the upgrade path or add in the release/upgrade notes. I think the default version of MinVRVersionCK for 4.4 should be 4.4.0 to use any 4.4 template.