Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2015/08/03 20:53:13 UTC

Write-Ahead-Log package name change?

Hello,

I recently realized that the nifi-write-ahead-log module (under nifi-commons) is using a package name of "org.wali" instead of "org.apache.nifi.wal"

This has been the package name since the software was open sourced, unfortunately. I would like to change the package name for the 0.3.0 version of NiFi, if there are no objections.

The pre-0.3.0 versions would, of course, still be available if anyone has a dependency on the classes, but I would like to get this fixed so that it is correct going forward.

Is there any reason that we cannot change this for the 0.3.0 release?

Thanks
-Mark

Re: Write-Ahead-Log package name change?

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.
The change sounds pretty safe to me and I wouldn't expect the WAL to be
public. I agree that the public API needs to be well defined, though,
because that's really how this should be decided.

rb

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: Write-Ahead-Log package name change?

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Ryan,

Posted by Ryan Blue <bl...@cloudera.com>.