Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Corey, Mike" <mi...@sap.com.INVALID> on 2021/05/12 14:34:35 UTC

Primary Storage Fails

Hi - I believe I've figured out the networking piece of the zone wizard.  However, now I'm hitting an error with primary storage.

Error:
Something went wrong; please correct the following:
Failed to add data store: Failed to create storage pool as it is not accessible to hosts.

I've verified the ESXi hosts and ACS can mount the volume.

One thing I've noticed is that the storage network port group was not created in vCenter by ACS.  The only port group to show up is the network under the management VDS.

Mike Corey

Technology Senior Consultant, IT CS CTW Operation & Virtualization Service US

SAP AMERICA, INC. 3999 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, 19073 United States

T +1 610 661 0905, M +1 484 274 2658, E mike.corey@sap.com

[cid:image003.png@01D7471A.6632B540]

RE: Primary Storage Fails

Posted by Alex Mattioli <Al...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Mike,

Indeed, global setting needs to be set to true.

Have you enabled your zone?  Afaik the portgroups won't show up until you do.

Cheers
Alex

RE: Primary Storage Fails

Posted by Alex Mattioli <Al...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Mike,
This is the best I could find: https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/cloudstack-users/

Maybe other people know of easier ways to search.

Cheers,
Alex

Rather than me sending out emails to a mailing list, is there a KB or online bucket of past emails that I can look through for issues similar to mine?

Thanks!

Mike

RE: Primary Storage Fails

Posted by "Corey, Mike" <mi...@sap.com.INVALID>.