Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nick De Decker <ni...@i-vision.be> on 2002/04/08 18:53:10 UTC

apache 2.0 : slow workers :(

Hello,

I've got a configuration question about apache 2.0
What mdm will give me the best performance for a webserver with over 300
virtualhosts (linux 2.4.18, 512 mb ram, 1200 mhz)
I've been testing with the worker mdm, but something must be wrong with my
config i guess.

StartServers        5
MaxClients          200
MinSpareThreads     5
MaxSpareThreads     15
ThreadsPerChild     50
MaxRequestsPerChild  0

When using these settings my apache 2.0 is 30% faster then my old 1.3.24. I
get 1200 requests per second.
(testing with ab) when the number of concurrent users <= 51.
However when i higher the number of concurrent users to 52 or more
performance drops to 25 requests per second and response times of 4 seconds
in stead of 10 ms :(

I changed every setting but nothing seems to help, when the number of
concurrent users is higher then (MaxRequestsPerChild + 1) performance drops
from 1000 to 25 requests per second ???

Any ideas what i might do ?

I thought apache 2.0 was faster then 1.3 ?

Thanks,
Nick De decker