Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Uwe Kubosch <uw...@datek.no> on 2009/02/14 00:32:13 UTC

Failover transport hangs on startup if it cannot connect to a broker

Hi all!

The failover transport should return normally on connection.start() even
if it cannot connect to a remote broker on startup, right?

In all cases I am trying, it blocks on startup, preventing
initialization of the rest of the ActiveMQ components.

I have filed a Jira issue on this: AMQ-2114

Anyone, please feel free to clarify the usage of the failover transport
in case I am missing something.  What I expect from the failover
transport is robustness regarding remote broker connection failures.

--
With kind regards,
Uwe Kubosch

Re: Failover transport hangs on startup if it cannot connect to a broker

Posted by Uwe Kubosch <uw...@kubosch.no>.
I'll look at the source and see if I can make it do what I want, and
submit a patch.  Currently the failover transport blocks on sending a
connection info message to the remote broker as part of startup, and I
think already has a mechanism to do that on reconnect.

Uwe

--
With kind regards,
Uwe Kubosch

Re: Failover transport hangs on startup if it cannot connect to a broker

Posted by AFinnell <an...@activesol.net>.