Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> on 2012/07/25 17:29:41 UTC

new committer: Chip Childers

The Podling Project Management Committee (PPMC) for Apache CloudStack
has asked Chip Childers to become a committer and we are pleased to
announce that they have accepted.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since
there is no need to go via the patch submission process. This should
enable better productivity.

Please join me in congratulating Chip.

--David
on behalf of the CloudStack PPMC

Re: new committer: Chip Childers

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
Thanks David.

I'm truly honored to be recognized by this fantastic community.

Similar to the others that have recently shared a bit about
themselves, here's my short story:

I'm an engineer with SunGard Availability Services.  We're a
reasonably sized Managed Services (hosting) and Disaster Recovery
company in the US (with a bit in Europe).  I've been developing
infrastructure automation software at SunGard for about 10 years now,
so I've got little bits of experience in many different relevant
areas.  In my prior life, I was in the interactive marketing industry,
so apologies in advance if that marketing stuff ever creeps out into
my work here!

SunGard is currently working on it's first CloudStack-based offering
right now, and I've been dual focused on that project and figuring out
how SunGard (and obviously myself) can best support the CloudStack
community.  As of right now, expect me to bounce in and out of
different areas of the project, pitching in wherever I can.  I'd say
that my main CloudStack focus today, is doing anything that needs to
be done to get to an official ASF release.

I'm looking forward to working with all of you!

-chip