Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/20 06:36:35 UTC

Want to release daytrader 2.2 align with Geronimo server 2.2

Hi all,

As the plan in the JIRA 4741(
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-4741), we would like to have
a release for daytrader. Because, it's so long time no release since its
first tag 1.1.0. User might need an update-to-date version.

In the same time, I notice Donald is doing some changes on daytrader trunk.
So please kindly let us know if anything I need to pay attention to do this
release. Do I need to wait a while to include all-wanted-changes ready?
Please let us know your thought.

Thanks!
Forrest

Re: Want to release daytrader 2.2 align with Geronimo server 2.2

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 20, 2010, at 9:26 AM, Donald Woods wrote:

> Sounds good.
>
> Maybe we can include both Daytrader 2.1.3 and 2.2 in the same release
> vote... :-)  I had 2.1.3 up for a vote, but there was not enough +1
> votes to release it.  Hopefully, we'll get enough votes this time.

They'll need to be separate votes, but I'd certainly support a 2.1.3 release...

--kevan

Re: Want to release daytrader 2.2 align with Geronimo server 2.2

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Sounds good.

Maybe we can include both Daytrader 2.1.3 and 2.2 in the same release
vote... :-)  I had 2.1.3 up for a vote, but there was not enough +1
votes to release it.  Hopefully, we'll get enough votes this time.

-Donald

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org> wrote:

> I would like to get the web/daytrader-web-jpa WAR assembly working
> before we release it, but will need some help as I have some higher
> priority OpenJPA 2.0.0 items to finish first.  Basically, I'd like to
> make sure that the 2 web assemblies can be deployed on Tomcat 6.0.x
> (along with the prereqs to /lib/) and work as they would when deployed
> to a Little-G assembly.

I can have a try to make daytrader-web-jpa work, but want to know more
specific requirements about this WAR assembly. For example, as I talked in
another thread about daytrader-web-jpa, do we want to demo
containter-managed entity manager or application-managed one? Even more
details, that do we want to use JTA or RESOURCE_LOCAL?

> Has any verified that the plugins will install on a 2.2 server?

Tried on 2.2 server, daytrader-web-jpa does not work. The reason I've
pointed out in another thread.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.