Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Amy Bai <ab...@pivotal.io> on 2020/04/24 04:36:25 UTC

How to Password Protect Apache Solr Server Admin Pages in Solr cloud mode

Hi community,

I there any way to password protect apache solr server admin pages in solr cloud mode?
Something like when I open the server admin pages, there will be a login page need user and password input.
I learn that modify jetty.xml could work in standalone mode, how about in solr cloud mode?
Please feel free to reply, thanks!

Regards,
Amy

Re: How to Password Protect Apache Solr Server Admin Pages in Solr cloud mode

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Authentication works the same in 7.x but the admin is not aware of it so you will get a browser request for password if using basic auth. Upgrade to 8.x for the login screen.

Jan Høydahl

Posted by Amy Bai <ab...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.