Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Anthony Ettinger <an...@chovy.com> on 2008/02/19 20:42:19 UTC

updating local copy of vendor branch

I know I can do an 'svn merge ./vendor/1.0 ./vendor/1.1 ./site1/' to
update site1 files from 1.0 to 1.1, but is there an easy way? I have
to do this for all sites that might be pulling from the vendor branch.

ideally: 'svn up ./site1' would pull from ./vendor/current
automatically when I update...don't know if that is possible but would
be easier given 10 different sites that pull from the same
./vendor/current branch.

--
Anthony Ettinger
408-656-2473

@pets = Pets.find_all_by_species('dog')
@pets.each do |dog| {
    if dog.name == 'Farley'
        dog.nick = 'Sir Barks-A-lot'
    elsif dog.name == 'Bonita'
        dog.nick = 'Princess Boo'
    else
        dog.nick = 'Doggie?'
    end
}

Re: updating local copy of vendor branch

Posted by "ismael.casimpan@buggedtech.com" <is...@buggedtech.com>.
Hi Anthony,

> ideally: 'svn up ./site1' would pull from ./vendor/current
> automatically when I update...don't know if that is possible but would
> be easier given 10 different sites that pull from the same
> ./vendor/current branch.

---> Maybe you could try:
	* Making your working copy pull from ./vendor/current (do an svn
switch if it's currently not)
	* Always update $REPO/vendor/current to the current vendor version

       That way, you could always do the svn update in your working
copy.

Good Luck and hope this helps.

Ismael Casimpan ;-)

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Feb 19, 2008, at 14:42, Anthony Ettinger wrote:

> I know I can do an 'svn merge ./vendor/1.0 ./vendor/1.1 ./site1/' to
> update site1 files from 1.0 to 1.1, but is there an easy way? I have
> to do this for all sites that might be pulling from the vendor branch.
>
> ideally: 'svn up ./site1' would pull from ./vendor/current
> automatically when I update...don't know if that is possible but would
> be easier given 10 different sites that pull from the same
> ./vendor/current branch.

Then you may want to look into svn:externals.