Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Danny Pike <da...@pirinsoft.com> on 2004/07/01 09:29:09 UTC

Re: Has anyone written a Win32 OutputDebugString appender?

Michael,

I have the code now and it appears to work OK. Can you tell me how to=20
contribute it? I have joined the developer's list (but am continuing the=20
conversation here to preserve the thread) but the web site only talks about
=

posting discussions and checking modules out.

Apologies if it is "common" knowledge but I am a newbie at SourceForge (not
=

at C++/CVS!) and I can't see anything that explains how you would expect me
=

to contribute. Do I just email the files to someone?

Thanks,

DP

--On 28 June 2004 22:30 +0200 Micha=EBl CATANZARITI <mc...@apache.org> =

Posted by Michaël CATANZARITI <mc...@apache.org>.
Hi all !

I just added a new class to CVS : OutputDebugStringAppender.
Hope you'll find it fine.

Regards,

--
Michaël CATANZARITI
log4cxx project manager

Re: Has anyone written a Win32 OutputDebugString appender?

Posted by Danny Pike <da...@pirinsoft.com>.

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@houston.rr.com>.

Posted by Danny Pike <da...@pirinsoft.com>.
I sent it off but nothing happened, as far as I can see. I don't know how
long it takes for these things to get added. I get the impression that it
is rather too much for the team to handle :)

DP

--On 03 August 2004 18:36 +0200 "Thomas Ernst (DiTEC)"

Posted by "Thomas Ernst (DiTEC)" <th...@ditec-gmbh.de>.

Posted by Michaël CATANZARITI <mc...@apache.org>.
Hello Danny,

Michael

Danny Pike wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I have the code now and it appears to work OK. Can you tell me how to=20
> contribute it? I have joined the developer's list (but am continuing the=20
> conversation here to preserve the thread) but the web site only talks
> about =
>
> posting discussions and checking modules out.
>
> Apologies if it is "common" knowledge but I am a newbie at SourceForge
> (not =
>
> at C++/CVS!) and I can't see anything that explains how you would expect
> me =
>
> to contribute. Do I just email the files to someone?
>
> Thanks,
>
> DP
>
> --On 28 June 2004 22:30 +0200 Micha=EBl CATANZARITI <mc...@apache.org> =
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Danny,
>>
>> Your contribution is welcome !
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>> Danny Pike wrote:
>>
>>> I have inherited a project from a colleague who was using log4cpp. I
>>> wish to port it to log4cxx but there appears to be no appender support
>>> for the Windows kernel OutputDebugString() method.
>>>
>>> I understand that the OutputDebugString appender that was used in
>>> log4cpp was contributed by our company and that, if necessary, we can
>>> contribute it to the log4cxx project, too. However, before I go down
>>> that path, I thought I would ask if anyone has been there before me?
>>>
>>> DP
>>>

>> --
>> Micha=EBl CATANZARITI
>> log4cxx project manager