Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by cm...@yahoo.com on 2001/06/21 10:18:33 UTC

3.3: nightly, updating the parser, options

Hi,

I'm working on restoring the nightly build&test, probably this evening
we'll have them ( I was close last night ).

Few issues, need feedback:

- I would like to update to the latest jaxp, we are still building with
jaxp1.0 ( it's about the default build, of course you can build/use
whatever you want ).

- There are few module options that are set for "backward
compatibility" right now, but it would be very usefull otherwise.

One is the "autodeploy" ( detect when the .WAR file changes, and redeploy
and reload the context - same as if a .class file changes ).

The other is the vhost-based layout for the webapps dir (
use webapps/virtual.host.com/context, with DEFAULT as keyword for the
main host ). That would allow easier auto-configuration for virtual hosts.
( as you should know, the location of webapp and it's behavior can be
easily controlled in server.xml, it's just a matter of setting the
default).

In the configurations, I would also like to change the log options in
examples to go to the default logger ( instead of examples.log ). I am
going to fix some modules to use the context logger for all the messages
where a context is available ( so a context log file will have all the
informations related with a context, and the "main" logger will be used
only for bad requests and server-wide events. ). I think this is the
correct behavior, but that would mean people will no longer see the
/examples logs in the console window.

Costin