Posted to dev@whirr.apache.org by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/06 18:38:50 UTC

[DISCUSS] Policy Change: RTC to CTR

Hi guys,

I want to propose that we change from Review-Then-Commit to
Commit-Then-Review
for a while with the amendment that complicated changes still require code
review.

The main reason I am asking this is because over the last few weeks I have
noticed
a lack of engagement from the members of the core development team and this
slows
down things a lot. I am happy to see more and more people using Whirr and I
think we
should keep on developing things as fast as possible.

We can go back to RTC later as soon as we have 3+ active committers.

What do you think?

-- Andrei Savu

Re: [DISCUSS] Policy Change: RTC to CTR

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.
Checkout couchdb, the pilot program, for the limitations.
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Git_At_Apache_Guide

I'm working with S4 (incubator) to use git.

Notice that you don't get away from patches/jira with this.

Patrick

Posted by Adrian Cole <fe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.
Sounds good. Thanks Andrei!

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.
I hear you and understand what you're getting at. Also understand I've
not been helpful in this regard myself of late.

Regardless, it's still a bad idea imo (in this context, not in general).

I notice from your spreadsheet that most stuff is green with a couple
reds. I've found that setting a date and reaching out the the people
interested in the functionality is a useful way to make progress. You
might also consider making a release that has some parts of the matrix
in red and just calling that out in the release documentation.

Patrick

Posted by Andrei Savu <an...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.
Paul I hope so! I'm looking forward to a strong start in 2012 :)

Posted by Paul Baclace <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by David Alves <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi

	+1 on Andrei's suggestion.
	Also my availability will increase quite a bit in the next couple of weeks, i'll try to put in some work.

Cheers
-david

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Andrei,