Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Tomasz CEDRO <to...@cedro.info> on 2021/11/18 14:47:34 UTC

cycle resolution timing

Hello world :-)

I just saw this post about Cycle Resolution Timing in Segger embOS.
That allows going beyond SysTick in order to achieve better timings
and reduce power consumption.

https://www.segger.com/news/rtos-revolution-segger-embos-ultra-enhances-application-performance-with-cycle-resolution-timing/

Is something like this considered / available in NuttX? Is this a good idea? :-)

Tomek

Re: cycle resolution timing

Posted by Tomasz CEDRO <to...@cedro.info>.
On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 4:25 PM Alan Carvalho de Assis wrote:
> Seams like the Tickless mode of NuttX and Linux.
> "Just a fancy name to let them make more money." TM
> BR,
> Alan

Hahahah I thought so! Thank you Alan! :-) :-)

Re: cycle resolution timing

Posted by Alan Carvalho de Assis <ac...@gmail.com>.