Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2002/02/10 12:36:58 UTC

[simplestore] methods in Store interface

Hi Juozas,
why did you removed the methods
  containsKey,
  isEmpty
  size
  clear

Ok maybe they are not meaningful anymore but then they
shouldn't be implemented in the SoftRefMemoryStore!

Could you please explain me your thoughts here.

  ~Gerhard

Re: [simplestore] methods in Store interface

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt>.
Ok
Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.
Juozas,

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@mwm.lt>.

}

Re: [betwixt] ID and IDREF attributes

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
On Sunday, February 10, 2002, at 04:11 PM, James Strachan wrote:

> Yes thats right. The only way to specify the ID and IDREF types is to use
> DTDs or some other schema language. Its a shame this kinda stuff wasn't in
> straight XML without the DTD/Schema layer being required but thats another
> story...
>
> From betwixt's perspective I guess the XMLBeanInfo should know what ID
> attribute ('foo') and IDREF attribute ('fooRef') to use.

good - that's what i was thinking too :)

maybe it'll be possible to do something with contexts and expressions to
get the correct value without adding special cases to BeanWriter.

to make life easier we could add properties (defaulting to the
conventional names) to XMLIntrospector. XMLIntrospector would then use
these to add appropriate AttributeDescription's when introspecting.

- robert

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.