Posted to general@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Steiner <si...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/01 12:17:34 UTC

FW: Migrating XML Graphics Websites away from Apache CMS (was Re: Your project website and the CMS)

Hi,

I have set the new repo to now publish to the production website

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics-website.git

After cloning the repo you can build the html locally by running on the
cmdline (I installed this via ubuntu apt-get):

pelican

The locally built html files will be display without css as they are using
absolute references to css files.

Once you commit and push on the master branch, build bot will run and
compile to html and commit to asf-site branch then upload to the production
website.

Output dir files can be manually updated on the asf-staging branch are
published to:

https://xmlgraphics.staged.apache.org/

Thanks

Re: Migrating XML Graphics Websites away from Apache CMS (was Re: Your project website and the CMS)

Posted by Clay Leeds <th...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Simon!

I've installed Pelican (& upgraded Python & Pip!)...

I was getting NemeError: date errors, but it successfully completed.

I do notice that the site has some weirdness (missing images, CSS, etc.), but the HTML completed successfully. I'll spend some time on this to see what I can come up with...

Thank you so much, Simon for getting this all together so quickly!

Warm regards,

Web Maestro Clay

Clay Leeds  -  the.webmaestro@gmail.com
"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
HH the Dalai Lama of Tibet