Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Lee Wai See <le...@stee.stengg.com> on 2006/09/28 11:47:46 UTC

Using HttpClient for sender and HttpServlet for receiver for parameters

Hi,

I have the following situation which I hope someone would be able to help me
with.

On the sender side, I am using HttpClient and have these few lines:

HttpClient httpClient = new HttpClient();

            postMethod.addParameters (data);        // data is of type
NameValuePair[]

            httpClient.executeMethod(postMethod);

On the receiver side, I need to use the javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet with
the HttpServletRequest req. How can I get the parameters of NameValuePair[].
If I do a req.getParameter(), I will only get the first element of the
NameValuePair[].

I want to get all the elements of NameValuePair[]. How can I go about doing
it? It would be greatly appreciated if someone could guide me in this.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Lee Wai See

[This e-mail is confidential and may be priviledged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please kindly notify us immediately and delete the message
from your system; please do not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose
its contents to any other person. Thank you.]
---ST Electronics Group---

Re: Using HttpClient for sender and HttpServlet for receiver for parameters

Posted by Ortwin Glück <od...@odi.ch>.
-- client

NameValuePair[] data = new NameValuePair[] {
   new NameValuePair("surname", "Lee"),
   new NameValuePair("name", "Wai See")
};

-- servlet

String surname = request.getParameter("surname");
String name = request.getParameter("name");

Hope that helps

Ortwin

Lee Wai See wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have the following situation which I hope someone would be able to help me
> with.
>

> On the sender side, I am using HttpClient and have these few lines:
>
> HttpClient httpClient = new HttpClient();
>
>             postMethod.addParameters (data);        // data is of type
> NameValuePair[]
>
>             httpClient.executeMethod(postMethod);
>

> On the receiver side, I need to use the javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet with
> the HttpServletRequest req. How can I get the parameters of NameValuePair[].
> If I do a req.getParameter(), I will only get the first element of the
> NameValuePair[].
>

> I want to get all the elements of NameValuePair[]. How can I go about doing
> it? It would be greatly appreciated if someone could guide me in this.
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards,
> Lee Wai See

[web]  http://www.odi.ch/