Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2000/11/01 00:08:08 UTC

RE: Splitting APR from Apache.

Don't forget http://aprlib.apache.org/ (an empty folder is fine today,
it can be a rbb/gstein/wrowe headache from there on out), the aprlib-site
cvs tree and cvs site mail list.

Anyone have any other additions for http://www.advogato.org/proj/aprlib/
as far as other projects using aprlib quite yet?

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> > One thing I forgot.  These should be @apache.org IMHO.  This is not an
> > httpd sub-project AFAIAC.  This is a completely separate project that we
> > are creating.
>
> So do you mean, aprlib.apache.org?  Who's on the PMC for it?  What's its
> charter?  Is it really a big enough deal to create a whole new project
> around it?
>
> Just because it's still under httpd.apache.org does not mean it's web
> server-specific.  All the other projects under Apache have components
> useful outside the project's scope.  What would be the mission for an
> "aprlib" project?
>
> What a headache - can we just create it at httpd.apache.org, and then move
> it to its own project once we figure out answers to all the above
> questions?
>
> I'd really hate to break the nomenclature conventions that we'd all talked
> about and I thought decided upon, regarding the hierarchy of projects and
> components underneath them.  Or is this an "incubator" project?

Okay, all of that makes complete sense, ignore the aprlib.apache.org, and
just use apr-dev@httpd.apache.org.  Sorry to be difficult.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131