Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Sumanth Pasupuleti <su...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/08 19:41:11 UTC

Feedback request for Message Flusher bug found in 3.0.17 (CASSANDRA-14855)

Hi,

We recently found this issue on one of our 3.0.17 clusters, where the
Message Flusher falls off the event loop, eventually resulting in OOM on a
bunch of nodes. We saw this happen twice so far.

CASSANDRA-14855 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-14855> has
all the details (including heap dump analysis). Backported ImmediateFlusher
from trunk as a fix for this. Would like to get feedback (on the JIRA) if
this fix is recommended, or if there is a suggestion for a better fix.

Thanks,
Sumanth