Posted to users@flex.apache.org by chris_d_k <ck...@christiankiefer.de> on 2015/06/18 01:20:23 UTC

Problems with IconItemRnderer, Truncating and positioning of elements

Hi, I had a strange problem...

I extended an IconItemRenderer, added icons and did positioning by modifying
the x/y values.

The truncation of the labelDisplay was not displayed/rendered but in the
trace of its text-property i saw it was truncated...

Changing setting the positioning through setElementPosition() fixed my
problem and the truncated text was displayed correctly...

Why was this happening... is this a bug or something I don't understand?

Re: Problems with IconItemRnderer, Truncating and positioning of elements

Posted by chris_d_k <ck...@christiankiefer.de>.
So at least this had some strange side effects...

When I want an itemRenderer with text which is truncated and where I want to
define the width of the text by myself, how can I achive this (when I want
to use the available optimized renderers)?

And is there also a way to define the maximum number of lines in one of the
optimized itemRenderers?