Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Greg Allen <ga...@netrox.net> on 2005/02/27 23:34:25 UTC

Upgrade SA from 2.63 to 3.02 file conflicts message

I downloaded SpamAssassin in tar.gz format from spamassassin.org

I have a working SA version 2.63 that has been running for months. I wish to
do the upgrade to 3.0.2.

I ran rpmbuild -tb Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.2.tar.gz

Went to the correct i338 RPM directory

Ran rpm -i (perl file name ) (spamassassin file name)

(I did not install the tools rpm file because I have not needed to do so in
the past.)

When I try the rpm above install I get a long list of

(file name) from install of spamassassin 3.0.2 "conflicts with a file from
package" spamassassin 2.63.

Any ideas what I should do at this point? Am I missing something basic?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Upgrade SA from 2.63 to 3.02 file conflicts message

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 05:34:25PM -0500, Greg Allen wrote:
> Ran rpm -i (perl file name ) (spamassassin file name)
>
> When I try the rpm above install I get a long list of
>
> (file name) from install of spamassassin 3.0.2 "conflicts with a file from
> package" spamassassin 2.63.
>
> Any ideas what I should do at this point? Am I missing something basic?

Perhaps you meant "rpm -U" ?

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
 Tonight's special, blackened blackened leftovers