Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Đạt Cao Mạnh <ca...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/10 14:53:11 UTC

[DISCUSS] Moving from Ant build to Gradle

Hi all,

Recently I wanted to create another module in Solr to group all common
dependencies of Server and Solrj module. It seems that to do such kind of
thing is very painful, including hacks and adding support for different ide
and maven. Should we consider on moving to Gradle which seems better and
standard nowadays?

Thanks!
Dat

Re: [DISCUSS] Moving from Ant build to Gradle

Posted by Ryan Ernst <ry...@iernst.net>.
Unfortunately I never got far enough to get a basic build working, and I
don't have the code anymore. I would start by creating a script to convert
ivy files into build.gradle files, and see if basic compilation can be made
to work.

Posted by Đạt Cao Mạnh <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ryan,

Posted by Ryan Ernst <ry...@iernst.net>.