Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "geetha.mangalam" <gm...@commerce.wa.gov.au> on 2011/08/25 09:35:19 UTC

Re: Handling File Download Window

Hi,

I have a similar proble. I am trying to download a pdf file from the web
page. On the browser it opens up a Save As dialog box which allows me to
save the PDF file. The same URL if it is on JMeter throws Could not find
resource at blah.PDF (with complete URL of course). Has anyone faced this
issue or have a solution to this. Eventually I need to save this file
locally for testing later. I am planning to do that with 'Save Response to a
file' listener.

Regards
Geetha

Re: Handling File Download Window

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
various possibilities
a. If your file is a static file , possibly the URL is wrong. If you copy
the URL form Jmeter and paste it directly into a browser(new instance , all
cookies cleared, do you see the file?)
b. If your file is a dynamically generated PDF , then are all the parameters
etc being posted to it correctly?
c. If your file needs you to be logged in in order to download the file, is
your session/authentication setup correctly in JMeter?
d. Do all your previous steps execute correctly (i.e you have good
assertions on all your previous pages and all of them have passed)

regards
deepak