Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jan Vondracek <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/16 13:23:07 UTC

Maven 1 - snapshot dependencies update problem

Hi everyone, we use maven 1 on out project and we have problem with snapshot
dependecies. Our project uses framework that is build every night and
deployed to our repository jar:deploy. Versions of all subproject are set to
SNAPSHOT.

Every morning developers download this snapshots versions. This process is
performed by maven again . Project.xml for it looks like this :

<dependency>
  <groupId>${gdf.groupId}/${gdf.version}</groupId>
  <artifactId>C02_SS</artifactId>
  <type>jar</type>
  <jar>C02_SS-SNAPSHOT.jar</jar>
  <version>SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency

In general it works fine but on some computer not. The output is :

- Checking for an update of gdf/SNAPSHOT:C04_D1
Skipping download as local copy is up to date!

But that's not right, caused jars were rebuilt during the night. Why is that
happening ? I would be gratefull for any ideas, because I am still a
beginner in this.

Thanks very much
Jan

Re: Maven 1 - snapshot dependencies update problem

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
I'm not sure but I would guess that the SNAPSHOT resolution mechanism
doesn't apply if you use the <jar> tag to override the calculated
artifact name. What if you just remove it (with your <artifactId> and
<version>, the name of the dependency artifact should be the same)?

HTH,
-Lukas