Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> on 2003/09/16 04:10:43 UTC

initialising a plugin

Hi,

In order to access another plugins properties I have been doing this

<goal name="ejbgen:ejbgen"
       prereqs="ejb:init">
${pom.getPluginContext('maven-ejb-plugin').getVariable('maven.ejb.descriptordir')}

Unfortunately the ejb:init executes functions that I don't want to run
(yet).  Is there another way to initialise a plugin.  Besides calling
ejb:init as a prereq.

as an aside, the ejb:init goal calls

     <j:if test="${sourcesPresent == 'true'}">
       <attainGoal name="test:test"/>
     </j:if>

Any ideas why ejb:init needs to call test:test?  I have a feeling its a
bit of a hack to gurarantee resources get copied to the compiled classes
dir.

cheers
Nathan

Re: initialising a plugin

Posted by Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com>.
Thanks for the help, if I've understood you correctly then no it doesn't
seem to work.  I'm trying to use maven.ejb.descriptordir property from
the ejb plugin without executing the ejb:init goal (or any other ejb
goal for that matter)

this is my plugin's jelly script.  Is this what you meant?

<project
	xmlns:j="jelly:core"
	xmlns:ant="jelly:ant"
	xmlns:maven="jelly:maven"
	xmlns:ejb="ejb">

<goal name="ejbgen" prereqs="ejbgen:ejbgen"/>

<goal name="ejbgen:ejbgen">

     <java classname="weblogic.tools.ejbgen.EJBGen" fork="true">
             <classpath>
                 <pathelement path="${plugin.getDependencyPath('ejbgen')}"/>
                 <pathelement location="${tools.jar}"/>
             </classpath>
         <arg value="-d"/>
         <arg value="${pom.build.sourceDirectory}"/>
         <arg value="-descriptorDir"/>
         <arg
value="${pom.getPluginContext('maven-ejb-plugin').getVariable('maven.ejb.descriptordir')}"/>
         <!--arg value="src\ejb\META-INF"/-->
         <arg
value="src\java\com\oneport\bom\logistics\equipment\*EJB.java"/>
	</java>
</goal>

</project>

dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

> Can't you just use:
>
> <project xmlns:ejb="ejb">
> </project>
>
> I thought that it worked.
> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> Blog:      http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/
>

> Nathan Coast <na...@codeczar.com> wrote on 16/09/2003 12:10:43 PM:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>In order to access another plugins properties I have been doing this
>>
>><goal name="ejbgen:ejbgen"
>>       prereqs="ejb:init">
>>${pom.getPluginContext('maven-ejb-plugin').getVariable('maven.ejb.
>>descriptordir')}
>>
>>Unfortunately the ejb:init executes functions that I don't want to run
>>(yet).  Is there another way to initialise a plugin.  Besides calling
>>ejb:init as a prereq.
>>
>>as an aside, the ejb:init goal calls
>>
>>     <j:if test="${sourcesPresent == 'true'}">
>>       <attainGoal name="test:test"/>
>>     </j:if>
>>
>>Any ideas why ejb:init needs to call test:test?  I have a feeling its a
>>bit of a hack to gurarantee resources get copied to the compiled classes
>

>>dir.
>>
>>cheers
>>Nathan

Re: initialising a plugin